Sunday, December 5, 2010

Brussel Sprouts in a Butter and Herb Cream Sauce

So I have been experimenting with foods lately and one of my favorite foods in brussel sprouts. I know, crazy, right? Well, my family is not a big fan of these little green round balls. But, I found a way to take away that bitterness and add some tastiness to it in the process. Now, let me tell you, if you are watching your wastelane you may want to tweak this a bit. It is not low calorie!
First off, you will need either frozen brussel sprouts or fresh. I personally use frozen because they are cheaper and easier to come by.
1 tbsp Butter/Margarine
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Dried Chives
Pinch Dried Italian seasoning
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1/4 c Heavy whipping cream

Unfortunately, these are just rough guess-stimates of my measurements because I usually eveball everything so forgive my cooking tactics! After cooking my brussels in the butter to just soft, I cut them in half, add all of the herbs and cook for a few more minutes. They may break up a little bit but that is okay. Towards the very end of my cooking I add in my heavy cream and let it sit on low for less than a minute. Generally, you do not want to cook cream because it has a tendancy to curdle.
Then, salt and pepper it to taste and voila! There it is, simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment