Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crock Italian Chicken with Pasta

I love my crock pot. This is a love that is undescribable. Anyway, I also love yummy, inexpensive, not so fatty meals to feed my family. Of course, my son would not touch this with a six foot pole, but my daughter would. My husband loves it too. Its a no fuss meal.

3-4 Chicken breasts
1 bottle italian dressing, any brand
1 bay leaf
2 carrots
1 onion
pepper
garlic powder
crock pot
Box of pasta, your fave, your choice

Put half of the bottle of italian dressing in the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken in the pot then poor the remainder italian dressing on top. Add your chopped carrot and onions. Toss in bay leaf, as well as your pepper and garlic powder (as much as you like, if you love garlic add a lot, if your not a fan add a little). Cook on high for two hours, then put on medium for four to six hours. Shred the chicken in the sauce. Cook your pasta and add shredded chicken and sauce over pasta. A good side for this is a salad or garlic bread. You can also use your leftover, cold chicken over a salad with some croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment