Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tuna Salad

I love tuna salad and could probably eat it daily. I use white chunk tuna packed in water. I have noticed that the tuna seems to be a bit more dryer than the tuna packed in oil. So, just use what you like. Here is my recipe for it.

White Chunk Tuna packed in water
Claussen Pickles, diced
Onions, diced
T. pickle juice
Low Fat Mayo
Salt and Pepper

Mix the diced pickles, onions, pickle juice, mayo, salt and pepper until dressing is blended. Add the tuna and mix thoroughly. Be sure to break down those chunks. If you don't want to add pickle juice you can always add a bit of lemon juice. This takes away the "sea food" taste intensity that some tuna fish has. If you decide to use a different type of tuna and it is already water you may want to add just a squeeze of lemon instead of pickle juice because it may become too watery. I don't give a measure of ingredients because your palette may not be like my palette so just judge by what you think you would like.

Dekota♥

No comments:

Post a Comment