Monday, October 4, 2010

Gyro Burgers with Cucumber Sauce

This recipes is tastey and healthy and super simple. Just go with what you like for toppings. I list my favorite toppings for this particular meal. I am in love with all things greek food. So, I never measure anything but I will try to give you a ballpark.

•Cucumber Sauce
1 cup plain yogurt
3 tbsp sour cream
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp dry ranch seasoning
1 cucumber, seeded, grated
salt and pepper

(with the cucumber sauce you can get a cheese cloth and put it in a strainer over a bowl and spoon your yogurt into that, allowing it to sit to seep out all of its liquids. This makes the sauce much creamier. Although, I never do it!)

Mix all of those ingredients and put in the fridge for an hour or more. The longer it sits the better it is.

•Burgers
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
pepper
1 tsp plain yogurt
Pita bread
lettuce
tomato
red onion
feta cheese (optional)

Mix all of these ingredients together. You can either form each one into a patty and put on a baking sheet to put in the over, grill them, whatever you like. I pack it into a loaf pan and let it cook. When I take it out, I let it cool and cut it into slices. It is much easier to place in the pita bread this way.

ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment