Friday, October 22, 2010

Birthdays on a Budget

On November 3rd, my daughter will be turning two. You would think this would be joyeous for me, but it just means she is growing out of her baby years and turning into a big girl! This is so frightening to me!
Anyhow, I am trying to acheive her birthday party on a budget. When I had my son's party in May I really was not budget conscious because we had a bit of money to spare to throw his party. We had a big turn out, had a lot of family attending. This time of the year, considering Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner, I have to be a bit more budget conscious. So, here is what I am going to do. You get to see my list, and then photos later!
♦ Create and Print labels for each cupcake - I do this through Power Point presentation and I believe that it has turned out really well. I attached a photo below. I will print these out on thicker, white paper, and tape to a toothpick. Then, they will be placed on a cupcake.
♦ Make Tutu for her Birthday outfit - Making tutus are fun and easy to do. I will post a tutorial when I make her's. I am making this a birthday tutu with colors like pink, white, purple, orange, yellow (if I can find all of these colors!)
♦ Sew the number 2 on a plain tee - Walmart sells 18"x18" blocks of cloth. They have a great assortment for only a buck! Finding the plain white tee is a different story!
♦ Decor - I am a big dollar tree fan. They have a fantastic assortment of decor for birthdays, weddings, and baby showers - and you can't beat a buck!

Well, that is a start! I will add more as I plan!

What do you do to save money while planning your child's birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment